Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Reporting from the Road

Monday, September 8, 2008

Reporting from the Road

Reporting from the road...Highway 31 to be exact, following bike route 5, along the old Erie Canal. City- Medina.

Who made it through Buffalo this morning with a map with no street names, only landmarks, and is very proud of herself? Who loves Upper New York State?

It is a beautiful morning after the rain yesterday. Downtown Buffalo has great architecture and I really enjoyed the adventure of winding my way north through the city with no idea of where I was, and only a vague idea of where I needed to be. Cal was taking a bike trail through the city so I was on my own. It was great fun.

The little towns along Highway 31 are all picturesque and the road, (I watch roads for Cal's sake. - he has his own lane here and it is clearly marked) is great. I would highly recommend New York State routes for biking. I think I could live here.

Laundry and groceries are next on my to do this. Finding places to stay out east has not as easy as it was in the west. No camping on route. I'll be working on this today, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

Oh, it's always so fun to read your news and
your comments! Two years ago we ate hot
buffalo wings in Buffalo! I saw Niagara then
for the first time. Well, I guess you see, hear,
and feel (Niagara) clear to your spine! It's a total experience.
Way to go, Navigator!!!
Lana