Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Grace

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grace

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come...

I find myself singing these words of Amazing Grace.

The morning starts with rain. Cal is struggling. I am struggling because he is struggling. We try not to lean on each other, but sometimes it takes two to make it fun. I bring Cal back to where he called it a day yesterday with a flat tire, then pack the camper and head for Rochester. Immediately I get a call from Cal to tell me that the trail is not well marked and to get through Rochester anyway I can. Ok. I did it in Buffalo, I can do it in Rochester.

I try to follow the highway route as long as I can but am lost in the first 5 minutes and end up going through the middle of the city. It looks like a great place, but I am the only person in downtown Rochester with a travel trailer and am feeling a bit out of place. I wander up and down streets, checking my directions, and finally just decide to head south and occasionally east just to see what happens. In the meantime, Cal calls and tells me he has another flat and he is lost and trying to figure out a way though the city. I don't know where he is and I don't know where I am. So I finally reach a south suburb of the city where I can pull off and ask. Miracle of miracles, I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Now I know where I am...if we can just figure out where Cal is...!

To make my story short and sweet, let me tell you that we finally met at some locks on the Erie Canal where I was able to watch the locks work! I had seen locks on the Mississippi before, but never on this small scale, a very nice addition to my day...and my husband was taking this troubled day in stride with his warrior angels at his side. Go Cal!

For those of you who are following us on a map we are still on Highway 31 near Port Byron, New York.

I will work on some pictures and get them posted unless Cal comes riding in.

Fall is here! Leaves are falling from the early trees - enough to speckle the road with yellow. New York State is indeed beautiful.

...Grace has brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home!

Love,
Mary

No comments: