Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: It's beginning to look like Iowa

Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's beginning to look like Iowa


Well, Fellow Adventurers,

We are on the downward slope of our Western adventure. Iowa is just across the border. We are in Blair, Nebraska camped in a city park. Once again, we have trains to keep us company all night, but the shower at the park was one of the best I've had, and the car got a bath too.

It's beginning to look a lot like Iowa....

I am feeling much better today. Yesterday I fought the noon day demon. The unending road.

Monday night we plan to be in Des Moines, visiting with Linda and Larry S and then a victory lap into Pella, and I will start getting ready for a trip to my sister's wedding in Kalamazoo and to see my daughter and son-in-law, and all my family. A more civilized way of life is on the agenda for a bit until we hit the road again after the wedding.

However- for tomorrow morning, I did see an espresso shop downtown. That's always a good sign.

Love,
Mary

2 comments:

UP said...

Welcome home

Kathy Stam said...

HI Mary,
I have been reading your blog since I talked to you in Pella. We went to Kazoo last weekend and ended up taking the ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee. It was BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the LAKE!!
Kathy