Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Humphrey, Nebraska - August 22

Friday, August 22, 2008

Humphrey, Nebraska - August 22

Today we are in Humphey, Nebraska, a little somewhere off Highway 91. It's a lovely little town. I went past a Catholic School were all the children were in blue and white school uniforms playing outside at recess. Hearing children play is such a comforting sound when you are feeling rootless. The days all begin to look alike out here in Nebraska and I am getting a bit numb. Today I crashed. I put up the camper and fell into a deep sleep for a couple of hours. Cal rode in but I was beyond caring and slept some more. The world could have ended and I would happily have gone on sleeping. I was that tired. So this is my day off. Tomorrow will be a shorter day, mile wise, and I can catch up on the laundry and other camp duties. The car is covered with dust and dirt. Everything is. We all need a good soak.

We have stayed at so many different churches and they all have a different character. You can't tell from the outside of the church, but go inside and there are clues all over the place. What's important to them, creativity, population...and then you meet the pastor and sense where he or she fits into the mix. I love the variety of expression of faith...all trying to do "church" in the way they understand best.
Cal took the some photos that capture the sandhills the best... the end of the Sandhills and Iowa is not far away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Iowa that's where the TALL CORN grows.
Love your sis

Mary Meuzelaar said...

It sounds like Gayle. Did Marcia and Don get DSL?
See you all soon,
Love,
Mary