Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Linda's Little Bit of Heaven

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Linda's Little Bit of Heaven


Dear Everyone,

Let me catch you up. We are back in Iowa! We spent our first night in Iowa in a fair campground in Grundy Center. Their county fair is this weekend and everyone was setting up for the big week. It was a nice experience. I can't believe I can now drive into a town and not know where I will setting up camp and not feel anxious. The hobo persona is truly taking hold. It was a long hard day for Cal, but we wanted to be close to Des Moines for a short ride the next day where we knew Linda's little bit of heaven was waiting for us.

We spent two nights at Linda and Larry's gracious house. Talk about deep relaxation! I spent time following Linda's cocker, Gracie, around trying get her to smile for the camera, but Gracie has her own doggy life and doggy things to do. Cal did not bike to Pella as planned this morning, but when we complete Part lV, he will bike from Pella to Des Moines for the victory lap and celebrate with a pasta dinner at Linda's Little Bit of Heaven.

Now I am home in Pella (everything looks great at the house! the cats are ho-hum about our return) and I am a familiar state of confusion about why I am here and what I need to do next to get ready for the Wedding and plan for Part lll of the Renewing Spirits Bicycle Tour - from Muskegon, Michigan to Salem, Massachusetts. The fog will clear soon and I will start my listmaking, but I do need to switch from Hobo Mode to Wedding Mode!
Michigan to Massachusetts will once again be new territory to explore even though I was raised in Michigan, I will be seeing it with new eyes and in a new way just like I did Iowa.
Hope you are all well!
Love,
Mary

1 comment:

Simbros said...

Stacy and I are really enjoying catching up with you two on your domestic adventure, as we are falling asleep on our sofa after putting our toddler to bed. :) We are happy to see that you are having a relatively safe trip and that you have been able to handle any adversity thrown in your direction. We hope you have enjoyed your time of rest and the wedding. Take care of each other and we can't wait to read more !