Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Something Told the Wild Geese

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Something Told the Wild Geese

Meanwhile back at the Bookstore...

I have been working with Lana at the Bookstore since I've gotten back. It's nice to have another English major around. But there is much to learn in a Bookstore that has nothing to do with books. Ask Lana.

I wonder... when Rosa has all her employees back and when she is fully staffed again, I wonder what she will do for fun? I would like to promise that I will never do this to her again. I would LIKE to....

My walk today told me that Summer has turned the corner. Despite the hot, hot, humid day yesterday and the thunderstorm last night...Summer is going down. The sun is hot, the water feels great, but don't get too comfortable because something new is right around the corner! What is that poem I learned as a child? Ah, yes...Something told the wild geese. It's last lines go

...Something told the wild geese
It was time to fly -
Summer sun was on their wings,
Winter in their cry.

I was ready for some summer snow in the mountains, but the shorter days of September seem like a strange time to be on a bike ride. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Our bike ride has another bizarre twist in it in order to save money and time and attend my sister's wedding and yet bike every mile we had planned... We will bike as far into Iowa as we can and then drive to Michigan for my sister's wedding. We will take off from Muskegon and ride to the Salem, Massachusetts, drive back to Milwaukee, and bike from Milwaukee back to where we left off in Iowa. We miss the ferry ride across Lake Michigan but Cal wasn't going to bike that anyway. Got that???? Don't worry, I'll lead you through it as we go.

I watched Lars and the Real Girl last night. It was the second time I've seen it. Anybody else a fan? It's a real therapy movie.

Ciao, Dear Ones
Mary

3 comments:

UP said...

Yes, I've watched "Lars and the Real Girl." Calvin said I should watch it because he thought "It fits with your and my quirky sense of humor."

I agree when you say "it's a real therapy movie."

Anonymous said...

Ok..I am back with You! Happy to know that the trip will continue, and we will be waiting to hear what God has in store for you "down the road." I am checking out:klars and the Real Girl" always ready for a little therapy!
Love, Cher

Anonymous said...

I will work - because it will be fun to have all of my help clicking along and we will be complete...

Our prayers are with you!

Rosa