Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Innocence Lost

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Innocence Lost

Thursday, August 14



I am sitting in a lovely cottonwood grove in a campground near Cal's Ground Zero (Dubois, Wyoming). The air is bright, light and cool. The only sound is the wind through the trees and birds. I confess it was not easy getting to this point again. I was crabby for the two days before we left and yet, I am uneasy. Maybe "burned" would be a better word. I scan highways for broad shoulders and rumble strips instead of carefreely soaking in the sights. Today we spent time rehashing the accident and retracing the trail. And now we are here. I am surprised how conflicted I still feel and pray I will be able to let go and enter into the adventure again soon.

The temperature tonight will be 41 degrees!

Yesterday we traveled through the sandhills of central Nebraska instead of taking the mighty 80 across and I took solace in taking pictures of coal trains stretched across the sand hills of
Nebraska with an ominous thunderstorm lurking in the background. We were checking out the roads Cal will be biking on in Nebraska and I like this part of Nebraska very much. The sand hills are peaceful and soothing.



























We drove through rain and lighting and hail and reached our destination for the night- Crawford, Nebraska, a broken down little town on the edge of uniqueness - but we didn't know that until morning. It was dark and wet when we set up the camper in the city park, unaware the campgrounds were right next to the tracks. The trains whistled -loudly- all night long. Cal wore ear plugs. I would rather listen to the trains.



We have some long days ahead of us. Tomorrow we stay at a little Baptist Church in Shoshoni. I am not sure where we will stay yet in the dreaded Casper. I don't like Casper and I hope something happens to change my opinion. I will be updating this post with more pictures soon but right now my internet connect is being subborn and I am not staying online.

Love,
Mary

4 comments:

Jeff Meuzelaar said...

nice photo ma

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you can see the beauty that I see in the sandhills. I like the photo too. It has the open glowering sky look. Makes me miss my old home.
God Bless. Norma

Anonymous said...

Mary,
The gift you have of putting words to what your eyes take in always moves me. Keep it comin'! Praying for peace, strength and joy as you begin again.
Cher

Mary Meuzelaar said...

Thanks Jeff. I am glad you are all along. It's a great comfort to me.
Mary