Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Celebrations in Michigan

Monday, September 1, 2008

Celebrations in Michigan






























How much can happen in just a few days! We drove to Kalamazoo, Michigan on Friday for my sister's wedding on Saturday. We popped up the camper in my other sister's driveway. (Yes, I now have 3 sisters living in Kalamazoo. ) It was a lovely wedding - held as the sun was dropping in the west, in a garden setting, complete with little girls in flowered sundresses and ladies in vintage lace. I have so many wonderful pictures of family and friends and wish I could post them all but I will have to settle for these few. The wedding was an odd but nice bookend to Part ll of the Bike Ride. And on Sunday we rested and dined with my Father and sister, Joy, at their house.

Up early on Labor Day, I drove Cal and my brother-in-law, Don, to Muskegon to start Part lll of the Renewing Spirits Bicycle Tour. I think Cal enjoyed biking with company for a change and while Don and Cal biked, I checked into a motel in Grand Rapids and and promptly climbed into bed for a quick nap. (Weddings are pretty tiring.) Rachel, my daughter, and I were together in the afternoon and we were joined by her husband, Justin, and Cal for dinner - a nice break from my typical days on the road. Tomorrow morning there will be a reception at Pine Rest before Cal and Don start their ride to Carson City. Another Celebration. And tomorrow, my sister, Marcia, will help me discover some more of Michigan along the way. I traveled very little in Michigan - especially in central Michigan - while I was growing up, so many of the things I will be seeing will be new to me.
So we start the third section of the bike ride. - No more 50 miles between towns. Lots of trees, lots of traffic, and lots of people will give a whole different feel to Part lll. I am interested to see how Cal and my system will work in this new venue.
Congratulations to Gayle and John E!
Love,
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,
On the same day that you were enjoying your sister's wedding in an outdoor setting, we were at a Golden Wedding Anniversary party like no other I'd ever been to before. We were high over the Mississippi River in Dubuque in an outdoor setting with a big white tent and champagne and bagpipes and a supper and a dance...and lots of family and friends celebrating. It was Don's sister and husband's anniversary. The weather was absolutely perfect...like a gift from the Creator.
So I know yours had to be great also.
Lana