Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: 1st Day

Friday, August 15, 2008

1st Day

Friday, August 16

It rained in the early morning hours and the cottonwoods smell heavenly. Like someone baking with cinnamon. Spicy and Sweet. I didn't know cottonwood could smell like that.

Both Cal and I were a little nervous as we drove back to Smokey the Bear (by the way - the fire danger is VERY HIGH today) to begin the ride.

Today's drama was the weather. The Wyoming sky is so big you can see all kinds of weather going on. It was cold and we could see that it had snowed up on the mountains. We had showers on and off all day. This is the first time Cal has had to bike in rain this whole trip. Now the sun is shining on our camper which is set up in the parking lot of a little Baptist Church and about 65 degrees. I can see a storm and hear thunder somewhere off in the distance - but like I said, it's a really big sky and it's hard to tell if it's coming this way.

Cal has lots of thoughts about this first day back on the road so read his blog!

The only new thing I am dealing with is mud.

So good to have all of you along again for company.

Love,
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm so glad that first day riding went "very, very well" as Cal said. His photos were great. Your adventure is underway again!

Lana

I am now reading Riven...and watching the Olympics.