Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: According to Mary - PART ll

Monday, July 21, 2008

According to Mary - PART ll

Somethings never change. I still lose my coffee cup at work and I have 3 cups of coffee floating around the house at all times so I can take a sip when I need a "moment". Iced coffee has nothing on me...I've been drinking cold coffee for years.

This morning Cal is trying to go back to work for half a day. He is doing well but his shoulder tires easily and then the pain starts. I am fine...still a little listless and dreaming of other adventures - but take comfort in the fact that this is where road ended and this is where the adventure is to be found.

Friends have had interesting comments about the Accident. "God put up a really big STOP sign." (Although this accident happened in Wyoming where I saw stop signs that said WHOA instead. Ah, the wild west.) Another suggested Balaam and his Ass and I had a good laugh over a picture of Balaam flying over the ears of his stopped donkey the way that Cal flew over the bars of his bike. (Although I would hate for God to have been as annoyed with us as He was with Balaam. I pray that this is not so and that we were hearing him correctly. But if not, I am at peace with the fact that he got our attention and took care of the problem.) I trust that insight will be given when it is given. And here we are.


Here is a photo I took (and doctored up with a watercolor filter) of a little girl dancing to Steven Curtis Chapman "Dancing with Cinderella." It was a special performance for Father's Day at Florence Christian Church in Florence, Oregon, the first day of the trip.

Tomorrow is our 31st wedding anniversary. My memories are July afternoon, hot, and sick. Not pretty memories. We threw up all that 1st night.
But it had to get better. And it did.

Love,
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Part II. Yes!