Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Crazy

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Crazy

Maybe I should change the subtitle of the blog to "Seeing Life - One Day At A Time" - now that I am once again "Mary - Humble Book Buyer" and not "Mary - Scout and Wagon Mistress." But before I change anything, I must tell you that Cal woke up this morning thinking he would like to complete the ride later this summer. This is the first time he has even entertained the possibility, and in the meantime, I had my good cry and gave up the trip for this year. My energy level has reached a new low. I'll be honest. It sounded crazy.

Another thing that I noted while traveling back to Iowa: Iowa is pretty. Not blow-away pretty like the mountains, but everyday pretty. Gentle and lush and rolling pretty. I grew up in Michigan and a tree covered landscape seems about right to me, but Iowa is pretty. That's nice to know.

I got an invitation to my oldest sister's wedding today to be held in August of this year in Michigan. My 90 year old father will be giving away the bride! Won't that be a picture!

Also in the meantime, we switched to cable instead of DSL and that will mean a new email address soon...

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support in the last couple of weeks. We are overwhelmed with people who stopped us on the street just to ask how it was going...
love to all of you...

Love,
Mary

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You really can't stop blogging. I'm sorry, but if you don't feel God calling you to do this, then listen to your daughter.
I love you so much and am so glad you got your cry. I hope you make Gayle's wedding. We're going to be there. I very excited.

Mary Meuzelaar said...

God...Daughter....Ok,you win. Just kidding. I told Gayle we would be there...so we will have to plan this carefully.
Love you daughter,
Mom

Mary Meuzelaar said...

ps When do I get to read YOUR blog?
I just ate a jar of pickles.