Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: On the Road Again?

Sunday, July 27, 2008

On the Road Again?

On the road again
Like a couple of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends...

It's really hard for me to write a blog without the daily travel to keep me going, but if Cal has his way - it won't be that way for long. If he can get his doctor's ok, Cal is ready to hit the road again at the 6 week point. Of course, he has to prove to all of us that his shoulder will be able to take the pounding that it will receive while riding a bike, but his recovery has been amazing.

Some things will be easier this time. Cal finished the mountains and he can build up his muscles again riding in the plains. We still have the camper and all the equipment we need and the know-how to use it. Our jobs are still flexible at this point. However, we also have some new wrinkles to deal with...my sister's wedding in Michigan Labor Day weekend and good old fashioned fear of getting back on the horse. Someone asked me if I will be more anxious this time...

...I'm sure that I will hover a bit more and that I will be glad to get to states that have better cell phone coverage, but I can't do this trip worrying about what might happen. I spent enough of my life worrying. God gets bigger as I get older.

Fall is my favorite season and I like the thought of traveling into late summer and then being home to enjoy October. I hope it happens. We'll know soon.

On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

Me and Willie.

Blessings to all of you - wherever you are.
Love,
Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okie dokie ardachokie

Anonymous said...

tell us are you on the road again?