Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: A Double Celebration

Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Double Celebration


Today is my birthday and today Cal completed his final mountain. It was not an easy day for either of us, in fact we were a little low today. For those of you who wonder if we ever get down...this was a down day. All the adrenaline has drained out of us, and we are weary for this last mountain. Cal will write about the climb - but oh! the celebration!!!! All the campgrounds where I had planned to stay were closed because of highway construction. I finally located a lodge that had small rv parking in the back. It was a desperate choice. After parking the camper, I drove back over Continental Divide, through construction, to tell Cal that I was at the Lava Mountain Lodge and Campground. The campground wasn't much, but the lodge had a restaurant that made my birthday a real celebration. I had the most wonderful Italian dinner- reminding me of our time in Italy - served by a cowgirl, with blues playing in the background. The cook was from New York. What a welcome and pleasant surprise to find in the middle of Wyoming by mistake. All I know is that I had a terrific birthday dinner topped off with a chocolate lava birthday cake complete with lighted candle and the mountains are done for Cal! Rejoice!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds most delightful - the blend and contrast of your meal, that is.