Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Thank you - Florence Christian Church - Oregon!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thank you - Florence Christian Church - Oregon!

Thanks to Florence Christian Church www.florencechurch.com for allowing us to park in their parking lot on the night before we start the ride. I checked out their website and they seemed to be similar to the church Cal and I attend in Pella, Iowa, www.trcpella.com, so I felt comfortable asking them to allow us to park there. Thank you to Jan and Frieda who helped me on the phone. You will not be forgotten. Just because Cal needs to be on the road at 8:00 doesn't mean I won't be able to attend church in all these places if they will accept me in camping clothes! What fun! To worship my way across the United States!

Both Cal and I are getting itchy. We are SO ready to be on the road and doing this "thing." One week from today we leave for Florence.
The camper goes up and down according the the weather. You see, the thunderstorms have been usually fierce this spring and frequent. So every time bad weather threatens, the camper goes down. I am getting quite an expert at taking down the camper...except for the door. Those of you who have fold-downs know what I mean. I'm short and I seem to get banged and bruised by that door. It may be an ongoing fight this trip. But I do love that little camper.

Our house is in upheaval. As Cal and I prepare for this ride, our son, Jeff, is getting ready to move to Sioux Fall to start his dream job. We have another Jeff living here this summer who is interning at Vermeer and taking two college courses. He studies at the dinning room table every night. My nephew and family will be stopping for an overnight while we are gone and another one of Jeff's friends may need a place to stay as he looks for an apt in Des Moines. But this is no bed and breakfast. Everybody does their own thing. Right now I feel the house is more like a commune. (Kids: Dad and I are finally able to live out the best part of hippiedom.) I wonder what the house will look like when we come home!

My prayers for all my family and friends and fellow travelers through internet. Love you all.

2 comments:

prairiewash said...

Don't you feel a little like Noah. Sending out your little dove blogs and waiting to see if they'll come back to you with an olive branch?
What is Jeff's dream job in Sioux Falls?

Mary Meuzelaar said...

HI GRETCHEN
Jeff. Let's see if I can get this right...he's a online marketing strategist for Clickrain and very excited about it. About blogging..maybe a little like Noah...but blogging is more impersonal somehow...and that makes it easier. I send the dove out with no expectation of an olive branch. It's more like releasing a helium balloon.