Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: It All Started with Starbucks

Sunday, June 15, 2008

It All Started with Starbucks

It all started with Starbucks. I hadn't had good strong coffee for a few days and I find the smallest treat can make the day special. But the day just kept getting better and better. We had saved some of the most spectacular view of the Columbia River until morning and I took pictures to my heart's content. (I'll download some pictures later. It takes a long time and I am waiting at for Cal at our first rendezvous spot out of Florence.)

And then it got better. Cal saw me look wistfully at a Monastery sign and off the beaten path we went to visit the only monastery IN THE WORLD of Brigittine Monks. We had a lovely chat with Brother Francis and I learned about the Brigittine order. We were so blessed by our little side trip and I hope he was blessed as well. AND we bought candy! It doesn't get any better than that.

Next on our agenda was to find some local fresh fish to eat. Mission accomplished. It was a local fish market in Newport, Oregon crowded with locals, buying and eating. That's always a good sign! And then, dear sister-in-law Gretchen, it was time to baptise Cal's bike in the ocean. He couldn't think of a good name yet...I think the name will have to evolve from the trip. He's a little distracted right now, but on a slow evening we'll work on it.

Our campsite was ready at Florence Christian Church. Then the hard part began. All my planning and preparing just seem to create a bigger learning curve then we wanted. It was frustrating trying to determine the best way to do everything...and all that stuff! It still all needs a place to coexist with us until we need it! I had to calm myself that this will all make sense soon...once we find a routine. This is where the character building stuff starts...I'm a great tourist...but I find I need help to be a better person. This, too, is part of it.

Playtime is done.

Today's biggest problem -- trying to carry 5 gallons of water.
Todays' biggest blessing -- Everything.

Til later,
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It will sort it self out. It will become a routine out of the ordinary but nevertheless a routine. Norma