Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Lost in Chicago

Friday, September 19, 2014

Lost in Chicago

Gosh, I love Chicago.  You know, that sudden curve in the road where all the skyscrapers pop into view.  I love the maze those tall buildings make for walking.  I even like losing my way for a little while, just long enough to see or hear something that I wasn't expecting.  Snatches of conversation, a flowerbed, a river, a bridge, a sign, a note of music, a window washer, a stained glass window, a gargoyle...

Today I wandered into Holy Name Cathedral where high school students in Vincent DePaul lime t-shirts were poking around the sanctuary.  I am always amazed how a cathedral can feel bigger, more spacious on the inside than it does outside. I closed my eyes for a moment and when I opened them again, the lime t-shirts were gone and the lights inside were dimmed and the stunning stained glass was blazing.  It was well worth getting lost for.

I hope to get lost again tomorrow.

No comments: