Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Called to Love

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Called to Love

Here Mary,
Read this.
I was too busy at the time, so about 2 hours later, I finally had a moment to pick up the Des Moines Register.  It was a couple of days old because we had been traveling and the article would have escaped my attention if Cal hadn't directed my attention to it.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2014/09/20/adopted-children-abducted-nigeria/15943897/

I have to remind myself that the world has always been a cruel place but at times the cruelty comes a little closer.  We know of this couple.  Not friends, but friends of friends.

I can't imagine their pain, but it's enough to make me feel like I have been kicked in the gut and I find it hard to breathe.

Whenever we love, we risk pain, but this is unnatural pain.  My heart hurt. For them. For the children. For the world where an offer of love and goodness can be stolen and turned into a forever heartache.

And yet we are called to love.
God have mercy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW That must have been extremely difficult decisions to make.