Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: What a Difference A Year Can Make

Thursday, June 9, 2011

What a Difference A Year Can Make


I know, I know...it's been a while, but I have had a busy year adjusting to my new home and as most of you know, it takes a while. Tiny Castle is home. It feels good to be settled and on the second year in our house enjoying the improvements we made last year.
I am still determined to grow blue morning glories and have planted them in the ground this time instead of pots. Only a few look viable...but all you need is one! I can't wait for their blooms again. I am growing honeysuckle on the east side of my sun porch and put up window hayracks and planted them with who knows what. My garden is all one grand experiment that keeps me walking the yard each day to see who does what in the plant world.
I love my new job working as a special ed sub associate which means teacher's aide. And now I have the summer off to walk my yard. But like my yard, my summer is filling up too.
Our cat from the Animal Rescue league turned out to be a winner. His name is Sammy and he is huge orange cat with a great sense of humor. He adores us, especially Cal who has a lap big enought to support him. He's always interested in what we are doing and commenting on it.
The bikeride that started this blog is long over, but Cal and I are still enjoying that journey over and over again. It was life changing for both of us. Now we are following a young family on line who plan to spend a year on their bikes!
There's lot more going on (in fact, right now we are in the middle of a hail storm...Sammy is Concerned.) But I don't want to overwhelm you.
Love,
Mary

No comments: