Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Sunrise at Tiny Castle

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sunrise at Tiny Castle

Good Morning!
It’s been a while since I have watched sunrise come to tiny castle.

The windows in the house now all have blinds or shades that I can open to let in the dawn. Such civilization!...and the small ritual of opening the house to bring in the day affords me much pleasure.

Today tiny castle gets a new roof. The back half of the house still sports the original cedar shakes from 1928. Don’t ask me why they only laid new shingles on the front half of the roof. I, too, am baffled by it, but I would guess only the front part of the roof was leaking.

I enjoy the backyard drama in my tiny garden. The birds, squirrels and rabbits seem to know each other very well and have developed a system of empting my bird feeder that keeps everybody happy. The squirrels climb the shepherd’s hook and hang upside down on the birdfeeder, tipping it so that the feed falls to the ground for the bottom feeders. Here comes everybody…the doves, the rabbits, all the scratchers and nibblers...The rabbits are skitterish when the squirrels are around and the squirrels are frightened of the rabbits so it’s great entertainment. Talk about a social network. Who needs facebook?

My daughter, Rachel and her husband will be going to Madison, Wisconsin to meet her ½ sister for the first time. They discovered each other sometime after Christmas and have been emailing and facebooking. I wish them both well. As Rachel says - “How do you prepare for a thing like that?”

Not working brings out a more domestic side of me. Today I am baking as I listen to my roof literally crumbling about my head.

And it’s a beautiful day here in Beaverdale.

And that’s the news from Tiny Castle.

1 comment:

UP said...

Would you be baking a rhubarb pie?