Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Favorite Things

Monday, May 31, 2010

Favorite Things

The newest and most interesting thing that has happened lately is that my daughter met her 1/2 sister this weekend! I am so happy for both of them...I thought about the birth mother often as Rachel was growing up and dreamed of meeting again someday and completing the circle. The mother died years ago, so that will never happen, but the meeting of the two sisters delights me more than I can say. They met in the town where we lived when Cal was in grad school and where Rachel was born and where the sister now lives. Madison, Wisconsin. History colliding all over the place. WOW.

Chuck, our builder extraordinaire, called our roof - chia roof. Moss was growing in the gutters and on the roof. I planted the moss in my shady Where-The-Wild-Things-Are garden, but the birds kicked it all up looking for worms. I thought to have an award winning exotic moss garden, but ain't going to happen. Meanwhile, my blue morning glories will soom be starting their climb around the front door. Can't wait!

I found a biking trail that suits me perfectly - about 12 level miles with food. I am enjoying biking again - in the city and exploring the trails. Another evidence of the childhood I seem to be recreating at Tiny Castle. An old favorite thing.

Cal made crepes Saturday night and filled them with hazelnut chocolate and warm strawberries...to die for. A new favorite thing.

This week I start Yoga. We'll see if that becomes a favorite thing, too.

Wishing you a day full of favorite things...
Love,
Mary

3 comments:

Cher said...

So fun to get a glimpse of your "new life"! Keep writing, it helps me to picture you in your new surroundings. We were wondering when the big move would happen...sounds like you are adapting well. Good for you! We leave for Israel on Friday!! woohoo! a trip of a lifetime, and taking it with some Pella people as well....being led by Ray VanderLaan. Been doing lots of reading and hiking to prepare. :)

Miss you, Cher

Mary Meuzelaar said...

That is so wonderful, Cher.
Stay safe and take lots of pictures. Be transformed!
Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

So good to see that you posted again. It makes me realize how much I miss you though. Things here are good. I feel good and just keep on keeping on. I would really like to touch base sometime over coffee...
Rosa