Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: The New Bed

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The New Bed

Cal and I have become stars in our own info commercial.

We wear the glazed look of converts as we say things like "amazing", "incredible", "I never dreamed...," "isn't this wonderful?"

Yep, you've got it right. We have a new mattress. Not only do we have a new mattress, but it's one of those new fangled memory foam thingabobs. We haven't danced on the mattress balanced with a glass of Cal's latest homemade wine come - of - age. At least not yet. But we are inspired and who knows where that will lead.

Memory form is not for everyone. My sister-in-law Faith wonders what will happen when it loses its memory and turns into Alzhiemers foam. We'd heard many stories of people returning them to the manufacturers unable to get used to the sinking feeling of being trapped in foam. Cal and I tried them out in showrooms and noticed that turning over DID take extra effort as there is no spring in the mattress to help bounce you over. It kind of feels like fighting your way out of a snow drift. So we wondered if memory foam would be for us....

This is our first queen sized mattress. (What was good enough for our parents was good enough for us, right?) So now we can luxuriate in an extra foot or so of wiggle room. Not to mention that I bought a puffy pillow mattress cover and Egyptian cotton sheets that feel like silk....and a platform bed frame and new bedspread...and new window treatments... in honor of the new mattress. So our investment was substantial. We were rightfully nervous.

All is well. Two nights in our new bed have made believers of us. We are memory foam kind of people. Our money was well spent. Our dreams of support and comfort realized. We threw caution to the wind and gambled in the high stakes world of bedding and won.

Ah-h-h-h-h.

See you on late night cable.

3 comments:

UP said...

I also have a foam mattress. However I have a trapeze bar to help me when I need to sit up or turn over. If you two become trapped in the foam, maybe you can invest in two trapeze bars.

Mary Meuzelaar said...

That sounds like fun.
Mary

Anonymous said...

haha
we also have a memory foam mattress! I consider the extra push with my shoulder to roll over part of my exercise routine!