Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Three Angels In One Day

Monday, August 18, 2008

Three Angels In One Day

Dear Armchair Adventurerers,

A day of high adventure here on the plains.

First of all, Lusk, Wyoming is now on my list of civilized places. They have a drive-through espresso stand- first one I've seen in all of Wyoming. Secondly, we crossed the Nebraska state line and immediately the shoulders of the road grew broad and the road had stones in it that shimmered like diamonds in the sun. I thought Cal was going to kiss the road.


We stopped at Ft Robinson State Park for lunch. I need to read more about it -Crazy Horse was killed there - but the old buildings are gracious with grand old trees. You can stay at the lodge or in the officers quarters. There are museums to visit, camping, activities and it's only 50 miles from the Black Hills. And can handle large groups. Sounds like a great place for a family reunion if you can get people to drive to Nebraska without complaining. Sorry Norma.


Then I passed an old cemetery that I wanted to check out and did a u-ie and got stuck in the mud of a soft shoulder. Immediately an officer was there and told me that he had a tow rope but he couldn't use it-Wink Wink. I said I understood and waited as he quickly looped a rope around my hitch and pulled me out. Have a good day. Ma'am. Yes Sir!

Earlier a woman caught up with me in traffic and told me that I had left a stabilizer on the camper down. Two angels in one day!


Now we are camped by a beautiful big pumpkin patch in back of a United Methodist Church in Hemingford, Nebraska. They had an empty lot facing the main street that was full of weeds so they planted Indian corn, pumkins and squash and plan to have a celebration with the children. Children come to visit the pumpkins patch just to watch them grow. How wonderful is that! The pastor is a very nice lady who is also a ventriloquist. She had a children's minstry and the powers-that-be asked her to fill a pulpit here in Hemingford. That was 6 years ago. We are so grateful for her kindness to us.

That makes three angels!

I think school started here today. I see children with backpacks and the school crossing lights are flashing.

Today was the kind of day that makes up for missing the Olympics.


Blessings!
Mary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beauty in the small details of nature...the sunflowers again a sweeping vista and the dewy spider web. We head to Kansas this weekend for Barrett's dedication (now 7 months old) and James's 5th birthday. Sunflower state! Maybe I'll get my own photo op.
Lana

Anonymous said...

I forgive you, because I know where your heart truly is. And I must say it was 4 angels. You are an angel too. Norma

Anonymous said...

The Olympics are fun for those of us with no adventure of our own - but enjoy the time - it's like your own Olympics and YOU win the Gold.

I am loving your journey and miss you!
Rosa

Anonymous said...

hello Mary, I am so happy you saw a pumpkin patch. Were the pumpkins ORANGE by any chance?
I would have loved to see you stuck in the mud, we would have gladly come and pulled you out!!!!!
I am anxiously waiting for the 24th to come around so we can start feeding your kittens, we promise to take good care of them, and if they are really good, I will play some LEELAND for them.
Enjoy your day~!! I love you