Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Showers and Clean Clothes Can Wait

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Showers and Clean Clothes Can Wait

I guess showers and clean clothes will have to wait....
The campsite was beautiful but primitive and we fell asleep with the hum of a waterfall in our ears. Well worth the sacrifice.
It's so wonderful to hear from all of you! I try to reply but my laptop time is limited. I do wonder what's happening in Cedar Rapids and the rest of flooded Iowa.
Today I can say officially that...I love it. For everything I dislike there is something that I wouldn't want to miss. I hate hitching up the camper...I always smash something, a finger or a toe or a knee, but I wouldn't miss washing my face in cold mountain air with warm water. And a shower is becoming AN EVENT. Every day has a drama to it. It's like living in a reality show.

Forgive a few personal comments.

Merlyn-We are staying at the First Baptist Church in Prineville tonight. Please forgive us. (The Prineville Christian Church office was gone for the day by the time I called. I did try.) Cal was feeling so good he wanted to bike a little longer. Thanks again for all your help getting us over the Cascades. We expect to see you biking out to Pella one of these years. We will always have a warm place in our hearts for the Oregon Christian Churches.

Rosa, good to talk to you. Please explain to Kris how to comment on a blog. Ok? My love to Terri. It will get better Lana.

I have so much I want to say. Sometimes I wonder why God cares about this stupid bike trip, but he is showing up so often in such beautiful and sometimes amazing ways, I can't help but think that maybe He is having fun too.
Love to all of you.
Mary

4 comments:

Jeff Meuzelaar said...

should probably blow up that pic and frame it!

Mary Meuzelaar said...

I miss my computer at home! And my printer.
mom

Anonymous said...

In the presence of my loving Creator, I look honestly at my feelings over the last day, the highs, the lows and the level ground.
Can I see where the Lord has been present?

I thought this was the appropriate prayer for yesterday. I heard on the radio that people from Cedar Rapids will begin coming back this week. Camping allows us to appreciate the small things in life that we take for granted.

Have a great day to both of you!
Peace & Love,
Fermin

Unknown said...

Mary: No apology needed. I'm happy you found a welcome camping spot. May the Lord continue to bless your adventure. May He give you strength and endurance and joy and delight in each day. --- Merlyn and Martha Hough