Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: A Fun Day in Montana

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Fun Day in Montana

What a fun day. I had my first “backing up a camper” lesson from one of my gentlemen friends with a big rig. He looked like Santa Claus. I handle the camper fine most of the time except when “it gets away from me.” (His words) He told me he has taught many a grown man the art of backing up a trailer. He showed me which mirror to use and where to place my right hand so that my brain, I mean my wheels, will line up the way I want the trailer to go. He was an excellent teacher. He gave me homework. Go back to Iowa, (if it’s still there when you get home,) and practice in a parking lot…and DON’T let it get away from you! He consoled me “the small trailers are tougher to back, you know, because they get away from you faster than the big rigs.” And he has been all over the world including the Arctic Circle. He knows.

I saw the famous Beaverhead Rock that I have been reading so much about. Sacagawea recognized the rock formation from her childhood and saved the lost William Clark and got him back on the right trail. I kept imagining what it must have been like for her to see that rock again…stolen from her Shoshone Tribe as a child by another tribe and then sold to a French trader to wife and now a young mother...

Along the road today was a garnet mine where you buy a bucket of dirt for twenty five dollars and pan for treasure. Just like on TV.


It was hot in this valley this afternoon. But the air is so dry that a little breeze is all it takes to keep you comfortable. I don’t miss humidity. And the nights get down into the 40s. Yum!

Good night everybody. God bless you!
Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary!! So did you find any gold? I made my first photo DVD this past week! We had a family reunion last Saturday, so I scanned almost 300 photos and even put the photo presentation to music. It was fun,but very tiring!
How's your routine going? Your pictures are great! Do you have much free time? Any good books? You and Cal are in my prayers. Hugs, Terri

Mary Meuzelaar said...

Good for you, Terri. Now you can teach me how to do it. I really got into Lewis and Clark for a while...
Mary