Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Rosy

Monday, May 19, 2008

Rosy

Here she is! This will be our home for at least 2 months starting June 15. I know "she" is a "she" because I named her after my boss, Rosa, who so graciously allowed me to have those weeks off this summer. I thank all the people who were involved in getting her to us in Pella, but I'll let Cal take care of giving credit where credit is due. We are indeed spoiled.

I am loading her up. Rosy is basic, tiny, and very classy. She is black and silver inside. (Fleetwood, Coleman, Cobalt) She's a little lopsided - a full bed on one wing and a twin on the other. Stove and sink and table and that's about all. I am working on how to take a shower in a pinch and keep us human in other ways. I'll let you know how it works when we get on the road.

We will not be able to put up the camper until we reach our destination each day so clothes and daily food and water and personal items all be in the mini van, but I think we will have plenty of room even for me to take a little nap in the back while I wait for my husband to come tooling down the road. Hey fella, want a ride?

Beside taking care of Cal (we have both decided that this trip is all about him) I hope to take pictures and learn some local history, pick up a few rocks, identify a few leaves, and read a few books. I might be a monastery of one. The Monastery of the Open Road. I'm sure I'll be changing the name of my monastery as my situation changes...Monastery of the Blistering Heat...Monastery of the No Place to Park.

I also have responsibilities to my hair stylist and friends to keep them well informed of daily life on the road. Pray for me, My Friends. Pray I learn to use a cell phone without swearing. Pray for kind churches with great parking lots. Pray for water. Pray for safety. Pray I won't ruin the carpeting when I dye my hair in a motel room. Ok. I won't dye my hair.

Cal has been training in Iowa wind. He has a bikers wind burn and he is biker thin.

We leave in 24 days.

Love you all!

2 comments:

UP said...

I am glad to see someone in the family is updating their Blog.

Mary Meuzelaar said...

Wait 'til we get on the road, Phil!
Hey! it rhymes!