Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Blankie Lady and Canada

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blankie Lady and Canada

There must be a competition between the United Methodist Churches in Michigan about who can be the friendliest. Pastor Michael explained to me that the United Methodist pastors were circuit preachers in the distant past and depended on the hospitality of others and so their roots are deep in hospitality. We met the Blankie Lady who makes little lap quilts for Alzheimer patients - full of color and texture and comfort. Country Woman magazine did an article on her and I will post her contact information later. I see a future in ministry with bicyclists as their little town, North Branch, is on the Adventure Cycling maps. They are already great at it!

Neighbors of the church came to offer us protection and help.

Today we are scheduled to take a ferry at Marine City into Canada. We will have limited contact while we are there because of roaming charges so if you don't hear from us for a couple of days, panic not. I compare it to the astronauts in their spaceship on the far side of the moon when they would lose contact with earth for a bit.

My heart is leaning toward home at last. I will enjoy these last states but as Mary Poppins said to Uncle Albert and Bert and Michael and Jane having tea while floating in the air near the ceiling. "It's time to go home."

I am writing this on the road so I will post pictures and other tidbits later.

No comments: