Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Quick Update

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Quick Update

Cal walked!! They gave him a brace that holds his shoulders in place and it makes moving much less painful. I think they will release him from the hospital tomorrow. They gave him another shot of morphine and he is sleeping again. He looks much better than he did yesterday and spends most of his time sitting up. Stiffly, of course. His x-rays looked good. His body is in good shape because of all the biking he has done so that makes it easier for everyone...the doctors included.

I went back to Dubois and picked up his bike from the police office and met the officer who came after the 911 call. (Cal had a long ambulance ride over 50 - miles. They were quite concerned about how busted up he was and was glad that pain was his only problem. They said if he had not had his helmet on.... They said they thought the bike bounced a couple of times and yet the bike seems to be in pretty good shape. (I credit the gel seat Cal bought for the discomfort of his nether regions. )

Driving back over the hills of Wyoming to Dubois, I felt so sure that this ride will be completed some day. I slept well last night on a cot in Cal's room and seeing my husband sitting up and talking normally (after the morphine) was a real boost. I kept remembering what a great time we were having and how much I loved seeing the United States this way. I am sad and wish I were a little better at having a good cry, but this whole trip was built on the philosophy of "What is, is." This, too, is. I have felt angels all around us this trip and that has not changed. I have learned a lot about myself and God. Disappointment is part of that. When the darkness closes in Lord, still, I will say...


Love,
Mary

3 comments:

jkottley said...

So sorry about Cal's fall. Maybe next year, Lord willing.

Mary Meuzelaar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Meuzelaar said...

thanks sir!
Mary