Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Check This Out, Jeff!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Check This Out, Jeff!


I have discovered a new sport in Idaho called Bridge Boarding. It takes a rope, a bridge and a rushing mountain river and a piece of plywood. See above picture.

Today in Idaho I saw mile after mile of calendar picture forests with rushing (and I mean rushing since they had a lot of snow this winter) mountain rivers. We are on the part of the trail that was so discouraging to Lewis and Clark, and where the Nez Perce Indians skillfully evaded the US army for so many miles. Tomorrow we cross Lolo Pass. Lots of history there. I am reading a lot about Lewis and Clark right now.

Tonight we fall asleep to the sound of the rushing Lochsa River in a forested campground. Beautiful and Peaceful. It has been a perfect picture postcard kind of day. Wish you were here.

Mary

3 comments:

Melissa said...

People do find the most interesting ways to entertain themselves.

Anonymous said...

I can so see my boys getting into that (and Kevin and his friends). Anything with a hint of danger and they are there.

Pam

Jeff Meuzelaar said...

mom, you should have jumped on