Tweets by @morningblend56 According to Mary: Dreaming the What ifs

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dreaming the What ifs



This "thing" will happen. I don't know what it's going to look like...but it will happen!

Cal and I will be camping on the road but
I don't know yet what I am going to be driving - my ability to plan is limited... so I just dream the "what ifs." "What if we don't have electricity?" "What if we don't have water?" "What if it's snowing in the mountains?" "What will I do while Cal's biking?" "What kind of food will he need?" "Will churches let me park my "rig" in their parking lots for the night?" I have solved all these problems in my head very creatively. I have biked with Cal enough to know what to expect each day, but all I did was bike at those times and let other people take care of the logistics. Now it is my turn.

The biking maps came the other day and Cal ordered me a set of my very own. The woman has maps!

I do know two cookbooks I will be taking along with me. I cooked out of the More With Less Cookbook from the beginning of our marriage until Cal took over the kitchen. Now it will be traveling with me again. The other cookbook is a North Woods Cabin cookbook. Lots of simple comfort food. "What if I don't have an oven?" "What if...? "What if...?" What if...?"

No comments: